There are several things that define this nation:
1. Defined as a Christian nation by a Constitutional Declaration .
2. Established diplomatic relations with Israel in 1964.
3. When many African nations severed relations with Israel in 1973 after the Yom Kippur War, Malawi retained full diplomatic relations with Israel.
4. Malawi citizens do not need a visa while traveling to Israel ie for a 90 days stay (at least)
5. Malawi is under the Israeli Embassy in Nairobi Kenya.
February 2020 presented the nation as a first among many African nations where 2 doctors from this great nation have been on Internship at The Hadassah Hospital in Israel. This is a great display of the warm relations that have stood the rest of many a global challenging seasons.
We say Mazal Tov to the 2 doctors and wish them a fruitful time in the land of the Book.
A wonderful time to be alive witnessing great strides in Israel Africa relations, Viva.
(Photos courtesy of Embassy of Israel in Nairobi.)